We are always working to provide the best possible benefits to each and every one of our members.
Today the UFU offers the following services to all our members:
- The industrial pursuit, establishment and maintenance of employment conditions through Awards and Agreements.
- Industrial advice and representation in respect to all work related issues.
- Income Protection –
In accordance with the income protection arrangements agreed between United Firefighters Union – Victoria and Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV), Howden has been appointed to manage and administer the Group Personal Accident and Sickness Insurance Program on behalf of members.
The program is supported and underwritten by Arch Underwriting at Lloyd’s (Australia) Pty Ltd.
The personal accident insurance program provides worldwide protection, 365 days a year and 24/7 cover for participating members who suffer injury or illness and are unable to work.
- Presumptive Legislation Act 2019.
Protection for 12 identifiable cancer types.
UFU members should contact the UFU Office and ask to speak to an
Industrial Officer. A UFU Industrial Officer can then refer you to personal injury specialist lawyer, James Carlson, who can assist you with your claim. Members are also welcome to contact James Carlson – Principal Lawyer of Slater & Gordon Lawyers directly on 0403 870 277 or via email at email@example.com.
- Legal service for members on workers compensation and many other legal matters, including a free will making service. “Slater and Gordon provide a range of legal services, including workers compensation law and other areas personal injury law areas. Members of the UFU are also entitled to a Free Standard Will – this offer also extends to a members’ spouse/partner. To access the Free Standard Will service, contact the UFU or email: UnionServices@slatergordon.com.au for further information.”
- Private Health Insurance – Victoria Branch Discretionary Trust Arrangement (UFUVDT) provides access to Private Health Insurance for members, of the UFUDT, and their family.
The Private Health Insurance plan provides members with a contribution towards the cost of premiums, payment of Hospital excess by UFUV and discounted premium rates.
The insurer of the policy is GU Health (nib).
- Members Advantage – Members Advantage are a company that the UFU works closely with to offer member’s special discounts across various industries.
- Care Guidance Victoria – offers a tailored placement service, working with select hospitals and aged care facilities around Victoria to find the right fit for UFU members (or their family members). Please contact the UFU office for a referral via firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 9419 8811.
- Annual Retirees Christmas Luncheon – a social event in honour of retired members to recognise their past dedication and performance. An all-inclusive luncheon is held every year.
- UFU Ball – a social night for all firefighters and friends. A great night to relax and enjoy the comradeship of family and friends.
- Annual UFU Picnic – a social event for all firefighters and their families. Activities for the young and the young at heart.
- UFU Merchandise – The UFU offers a wide range of merchandise for purchase, to view the latest catalogue and place an order please visit our online shop at the following address UFUVIC Online Shop – Strength in unity
Further inquiries on membership and membership benefits can be obtained by phoning our office on 94198811 during business hours.